Final Capstone Updates - March 2020





My final plans for my capstone project, which involves teaching a class in agricultural sustainability to 7th-grade Poly students, are now in place.

The purpose of the class, which will take place on April 8th, is to teach about the core values of responsibility and stewardship (both local and global), framing it in terms of my experiences working with the agriculturally-focused community of Isona, Spain. The hope is that, by the end of the presentation, students will have a strong understanding of what they can do to better the communities about which they care the most. In an attempt to make the discussion of agricultural sustainability applicable to both my and the students' experiences, the class will involve a variety of activities (such as an image-based guessing game, an olive oil taste test, and a stewardship-related worksheet) designed to encourage the students to think about their roles within their own communities.

Due to the way in which the recent coronavirus outbreak has affected Poly's schedule, I have also prepared a backup plan involving the creation of a documentary featuring the same material I hope to teach Poly's 7th graders, and I will make sure to upload this documentary both on this blog as well as on my website upon completion. Ultimately, I look forward to working with a group of young, enthusiastic students to learn more about the responsibilities we all hold within the various communities to which we belong.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joe Wong: Understanding Culture through Comedy

Arn Chorn-Pond Reflection

Freedom of Speech on a Global Scale